Many people (physicians included) will look at HDL and think their levels look good (or bad) simply by the number. However, it isn’t so much the LEVEL of your HDL. What really matters is HDL functionality. Ideally, you’ll have good levels with high functionality. This program helps improve HDL number and function.
- Exercise: Gradual increase over 2 months to 60 minutes 6 d/wk. 40 minutes resistance and 20 minutes interval aerobics.
- Ideal body weight and composition: Men 16% body fat or less. Women 22 % body fat or less. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9. Waist circumference: Men < 36 inches. Women < 30 inches.
- Sleep: 8 hours per night with good sleep habits.
- Avoid all tobacco products. Limit alcohol (1-2 servings/day for men, 1 for women)
- Mediation prayer, religion, spirituality and faith.
- Caffeine: If slow metabolizer, then avoid. If fast metabolizer, it is OK to drink. You’ll learn if you are a fast or slow metabolizer on the CardiaX test.
- Avoid all artificial sweeteners. Use only Erythrytol (Swerve), Allulose, or Stevia.
See Diana, Health Coach, for consultation.
See our Revolution Nutrition Plan for more information.
- Fruits and Vegetables: 10-12 servings/d of fruits (4 servings) and multicolor non-starchy vegetables (8 servings)
- Water: 50% of body weight (pounds) in ounces of filtered or distilled water per day. If you weigh 150 pounds that is 75 ounces of water, herbal teas, broths daily. No plastic.
- Tea: 16 ounces of decaffeinated green tea per day and 8 oz of white tea per day
- Pomegranate: ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds or 6 oz of pomegranate juice per day
- Omega 3 fatty acids (get Omega-3 Index >8%)
- extra virgin olive oil (4 tablespoons per day)
- Detox + elimination diet, then anti-inflammatory, blood sugar regulating protocol with high-fiber foods and cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage
Supplement Recommendations to Improve HDL
- Niacin SR 500 mg once or twice per day with food. (Revolution)
- Resveratin Plus once a day. (Xymogen). It is the quercetin in Resveratin Plus that has the benefit here.
- Omega 1300 1 twice a day with food. (Revolution)
- CurcuPlex 2 capsules twice daily (Xymogen) – this is 2 grams per day
- Green Tea Extract one twice daily with food (Revolution)
- Pomegranate: ¼ cup of pomegranate seeds (Northwest Wild Foods) or 6 oz of pomegranate juice per day (Grocery)
- Lycopene: 20 mg per day (Pure encapsulations, order on line)