How to Improve Cardiovascular Disease Risk
Cardiovascular Disease is the #1 cause of death. However, 80% of cardiovascular disease is preventable. Here are our recommendations for how to improve cardiovascular disease and risk. This is the program we recommend for:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Angina (chest pain)
- Coronary Artery plaque prevention, plaque regression, and prevention of plaque rupture
- Stabilization of plaque
- Reduction of the Coronary Artery Calcium (CAC)
These are baseline and everyone should be following these guidelines. They apply to all aspects of health and, certainly, to cardiovascular disease as well.
- Exercise: Follow the Revolution Exercise Plan.
- Ideal body weight and composition: Men 16% body fat or less. Women 22 % body fat or less. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9. Waist circumference: Men < 36 inches. Women < 30 inches.
- Sleep: 8 hours per night with good sleep habits.
- Avoid all tobacco products. Limit alcohol (1-2 servings/day for men, 1 for women)
- Mediation prayer, religion, spirituality and faith.
- Caffeine: If you are a slow metabolizer, then avoid caffeine. If you are a fast metabolizer, it is OK to drink. You’ll learn if you are a fast or slow metabolizer on the CardiaX test.
- Avoid all artificial sweeteners. Use only Erythrytol (Swerve), Allulose, or Stevia.
Nutritional Recommendations to Improve Cardiovascular Disease
Follow the Revolution Nutrition Plan. Consider seeing a Health Coach, for consultation. Additional recommendations:
- Water: 50% of body weight (pounds) in ounces of filtered or distilled water per day. If you weigh 150 pounds that is 75 ounces of water, herbal teas, broths daily. No plastic.
- Tea: 16 ounces of decaffeinated green tea per day and 8 oz of white tea per day
- Detox + elimination diet, then anti-inflammatory, blood sugar regulating protocol with high-fiber foods and cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage
Supplement Recommendations to Improve the Cardiovascular Disease Process:
- NEO 40 Professional twice per day: (Available at Revolution or here)
- D Ribose powder – 5 grams three times per day in water (DFH)
- Vitamin K2-MK 7: 360mcg per day is ideal (MegaQuinone – available at Revolution)
- Kyolic Garlic CV formula: 600 mg twice per day (Amazon)
- Omega 1300: 2 capsules twice per day (Revolution or here)
- Reseveratin Plus: 1 capsule twice a day (Available at Revolution or here)
- CoQ10 – 1 twice daily – get CoQ10 levels >3 (Available at Revolution or here)
- Green Tea Extract 1 capsule twice daily (Revolution or here)
- MitoQ – 2 tablets daily (Amazon)
- CurcuPlex: 2 twice per day. (Revolution or here)
- Magnesium Malate: 2 twice per day (1000mg per day minimum)
- Vitamin C: 2 grams twice per day. (DFH)
- Luteolin 100-200 mg per day (Swanson)
- Melatonin CR one at night (Revolution or here)
- Reduce Myeloperoxidase (MPO) with niacin, pomegranate and curcumin
- TLR2 antagonists: Curcumin, Cinnamaldehyde (Cinnamon), Sulforaphane, Resveratrol (nutritional supplement, red wine, grapes), EGCG (Green Tea), Luteolin (celery, green pepper, rosemary, carrots, oregano, oranges, olives), Quercetin: (Tea, apples, onion, tomatoes, capers)
- Reduce Matrix MetalloProteins (MMP): Red Yeast Rice, luteolin, curcumin, grape seed extract, NAC, Japanese Quince fruit or supplement, statins, tetracycline (blocks collagenases), xanthohumol (Swanson)
- Decrease NADPH oxidase: Red Yeast Rice, berberine, resveratrol, NAC, niacin, and Statins
- Block activated Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells: NEO 40 Professional, increase AMPK (metformin, BCAA, resveratrol, HMBG and Calorie Restriction.)
- Shift from M1 to M2 T cells: Sterolins, mushroom extract
- Block interferon gamma: increase IL-10 (lactobacillus rhamnosus 5-10 billion CFU, weight loss, testosterone)
- Block elastase: xanthohumol, white tea
- Inhibit tryptase and chymase: lactoferrin
- Ensure a low intake of saturated fatty acids and trans-fatty acids
- Reduce oxLDL (primary DAMP) with Olive Oil, Resveratrol, N-Acetyl Cysteine, & EGCG
- Anti-platelet drugs: Aspirin, Plavix, Dipyridamole
- Lower uric acid to < 5.0 with Allopurinol. This is a prescription medication.
- Statins: Crestor is preferred