**Posted by Tulsa Natural Medicine Expert, Doctor Chad Edwards
- WE DESPERATELY NEED A REVOLUTION WHEN IT COMES TO THE WAY WE TREAT HEALTH & WELLNESS IN THE UNITED STATES.
- WE MUST BEGIN TO MOVE TOWARD AN APPROACH THAT DOES NOT RECOMMEND MEDICATION AS THE SOLE THERAPY FOR ANY MEDICAL PROBLEM!
As one of our patients you need to understand the importance of our “Revolutionary” Approach to medicine:
- Weight – We are committed to optimal health. Part of optimizing your physical health is ensuring that you have an ideal Body Mass Index (BMI) or weight. We will not ‘yell’ at you or make you feel bad about yourself. However, we will likely address your BMI on every visit. It is THAT important.
- Smoking Cessation – Smoking cigarettes, pipes, or cigars is, quite simply, the single worst thing anyone can do to themselves or those around them. Smoking is a major contributor to numerous health problems and stopping smoking is the best thing you can do for your health. We understand that cigarettes can be one of the most difficult things to stop and we will help you in any way that we can.
- Nutrition – We believe that proper nutrition is essential for optimal health. Proper nutrition can dramatically improve your health and we will do what we can to help you with your nutrition.
- Exercise – Probably the single most important thing you can do to improve your health is exercise on a frequent basis. Everyone should be performing some form of exercise most days of the week. Your exercise needs to be diverse and provide resistance training AND cardiovascular exercise.
- Pain Management – If you have acute or chronic pain then we will address the cause and formulate a treatment plan. However, it is rare that we we cannot identify a treatable cause for the pain. Thus, it is also rare that We will prescribe controlled substances on a chronic basis. If you are looking for narcotics or other controlled substances then we may not be the clinic for you. We rarely prescribe them and almost never prescribe them to a patient that we don’t know well. If narcotics are part of your treatment then we will have strict narcotics policies for re-assessing your pain and prescribing your medications. If you have ongoing pain then we need to discuss the benefits of prolotherapy.
- Medication Refills and Renewals – We have a responsibility to provide the best medical care we can. You have responsibility to give me the information we need to provide that care. If you need a refill then you will need to plan enough in advance to give us time to take care of it.
- Time is extremely valuable! We will do the best we can to be on time. However, we have to balance being on time with appropriately dealing with the medical issues of all of my patients. When you are in my office you will have my undivided attention. Sometimes we will spend more time with you than we have. That will put me a few minutes behind with the next patient. We do the best we can to balance all of this and will try to be respectful of your time. If we can’t address all of your issues then We’ll bring you back as soon as possible to make sure that you get your issues resolved.
- I (Doctor Chad Edwards) believe God is the creator of the universe and his son, Jesus Christ, is my personal savior. I pray for my patients but it is my hope that I never make you feel uncomfortable. I believe that Jesus died for everyone of every religion. It is my prayer that all come to know him.
- I (Doctor Chad Edwards) believe that God called me into this profession to help others. I will do the best I can to help you.